[TriLUG] Backup and Recovery

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Tue Feb 19 16:17:52 EST 2002

Someone pointed me to BackupEdge and RecoverEdge
(http://www.microlite.com/) which look like they do what I would like
but do not support ext3 or GRUB.  I was wondering if there is anything
else on the market that provides similar funcionatity.  Basically, this
allows you to create a bootable CD to use in conjunction with your
backup tapes in the case of system failure (rather than install linux
again to restore from tape you can boot from CD and restore from tape).
This would be nice when trying to help someone restore a system over the
phone.
--

Janyne Kizer
CNE-3, CNE-4, CNE-5