[TriLUG] Question on Kmail

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Tue Feb 19 17:14:13 EST 2002

On Tuesday 19 February 2002 05:09 pm, you wrote:
> Why in the world do you have the Ximian desktop if you don't
> run gnome?!?

Because Evolution is so bloated & complex that even on a recent distro (Red
Hat 7.2) after about 100MB of downloads over a 56K dialup connection, I ran
out of patience trying to satisfy the many dependencies.  Now I am on a cable
modem, pointed Red Carpet at it, and let 'er rip.  Got the space to spare and
wanted to try Ximian (didn't like it... aside from Evolution anyway).

Will have to check on kpilotd when I get back in town... haven't yet set up
my dyndns on the new cable modem connection.