[TriLUG] RE: Call for a vote: Trash dead old lists

acoliver acoliver at nc.rr.com
Tue Feb 19 17:33:33 EST 2002

> > Hosting setup Hosting for local software projects  - very dead
> -1
> If all the traffic that _should_ have gone to the hosting list had in
> fact done so, this list would not be dead.

Actually I think you're wrong.  You know why?  Because since next to no one
subscribes to it or even would have noticed the post, there would be one or
two frustrated posts from me.  I'm not sure that would have revived it.
You're making the inaccurate assumption that people who want a trilug email
server care about "hosting" in general.  I don't really.  I don't care if
those who do discuss it here...I'll just ignore or switch to digest
(actually I think I am in digest mode...I go in and out depending on
traffic)...

Consider the fact there would have been a solitary post from me, we'd not
have the server nearly complete and the whole effort would have flopped.
Would that have been worth not annoying you with a few extra posts that you
must delete or scroll past?  I'm asking...seriously.

-Andy