[TriLUG] Call for a vote: Trash dead old lists

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Tue Feb 19 13:51:35 EST 2002

On Wednesday 20 February 2002 03:11 am, acoliver wrote:

> these dead lists should be removed and their topics just discussed on the
> main lists (trilug at trilug.org)
> trilug and dev should be linked off of the trilug.org/communication.html
> page or the link should point to the listinfo page.

0

I don't care except to say that if lists go away, I hope that everyone will
be better about subject lines to make filtering easier.  I personally like
many lists with a narrower focus, but I think that Andy has a point with how
creating sub-lists reduces the chance for random (sometime important)
contributions.  Keeping everything on one list increases the noise, but it
also makes it easier for people to overhear conversations in which they
didn't know they had an interest.

---Tom