[TriLUG] Novell eDirectory? Anyone?

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Wed Feb 20 07:18:25 EST 2002

On Tuesday 19 February 2002 07:05 pm, you wrote:
> Why? Any technical reasons? If it is only "precived evil", I can tell
> you that Netware / NDS / NAL / ZenWorks is a very useful set of tools.
> Much better than Microsoft set of networking tools.

Mostly because Linux is proving to be quite adequate for everything except
single sign-on services.  No need to bring in a whole new NOS just to satisfy
one technical requirement that Linux is lacking in natively.

Unfortunately their eval only works on NT servers so I will build one of
those today and give it a try with a handful of test users.