[TriLUG] always a day late and a dollar short...

John F Davis johndavi at us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 20 13:38:29 EST 2002

Hello

First off let me say this, "If I offended anybody, I'm sorry."  It was
totally unintentional.  My level
of tolerence is probably higher that most.  With that said,
I reluctantly subscribed to the dev list.  I figured we could talk
dev-linux on the trilug list, since its a
general purpose linux list anyway.  However, it appears that the group
wants to focus
development questions on that list and not club stuff.  It makes sense.
I'll abide by that decision.
In fact, I now look forward to talking about linux development on that
list.  As far as Trilug goes,
I consider it a social club.  I've been hassled about various things i've
said and done here.
ie. (jobs, reply-to, probably other things, but  I just tend to forget
about stuff like that.  Like I haven't
pissed somebody off today.)  I don't mind the hassle.  I'm a big boy and I
can take it.  If two people
get pissed because they dont like it when people dont respond to their
requests,  I (or you for that matter)
can't help them.  Its a tough world out there and people need to be able to
deal with it.

One last thing, If you feel that your time is wasted by reading something,
I suggest you stop reading the moment you
feel your time is being wasted. (Hell, I figure the smart ones will have
quit reading this note a long time ago.)

So, please remember its a club.  We are here to talk Linux and have a good
time.  That's all
it is.  We are not here to get a promotion, pretend that we are smarter
than the next guy,
get joy/mad when people do as we please/not as we please, etc.

Happy Trails

JD

BTW, Matusiak, I enjoyed your note.  Common as "fart".  That was funny.  I
don't think we should
censor anybody for their language unless they are using the forum for
person attacks.  Ie you
can talk about farts all day long unless you are talking about the smell of
my farts.  ie., "John
your farts don't smell as bad as mine - you suck."  Now what was I doing?
Oh yeah, werking.

"David R. Matusiak" <matusiak at speakeasy.net>@trilug.org on 02/20/2002
01:12:55 PM

Please respond to trilug at trilug.org