[TriLUG] OT: Able to reach amazon.com?

Marc Johnson marc_johnson27591 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 21 20:33:50 EST 2002

>From: John Turner <jdturner at nc.rr.com>
>
>Not sure about amazon.com's network problems, but I
>would suggest buying from www.bookpool.com. They
>have the lowest price 99% of the time.

+100

And ever since they started incorporating user comments, I've pretty much
stopped checking amazon for reviews before buying from bookpool ;-)

And bookpool, IIRC, will do nice things like accept your credit card, with
your home address, and ship to your work address. Very convenient (and
shipping to the work address is often slightly cheaper than shipping to the
house).

Marc, who only buys fiction at Amazon any more ...

>John
>
>On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 07:45:17PM -0500, Bill Vinson wrote:
> > I have been only able to get sporadic access to amazon.com the past few
> > days.  Right now I can't get to it at all.  Is anyone else having this
> > problem?  Upon a traceroute, it appears as if I get into amazon's
> > network (177-168.amazon.com is the last host it contacts and gets a
> > response), but then traceroute stops getting responses.  I ask as I was
> > looking at a book for the TriLUG reading circle and in the 3 or so years
> > I have been buying from them, this is a first.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bill

A stroke of the brush does not guarantee art from the bristles.
- Kosh Naranek