[TriLUG] Trying out my new signature

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Thu Feb 21 21:45:44 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-02-21 at 21:27, Robert martin wrote:
> i think for the faster methods PayPal wants a cut of the money but if
> you don't mind slow (3-4 days) they don't charge plus there is a $5
> bounty on referred members.

Actually, you can accept payments for free, unless it's from a credit
card, at which point, you need to use one of the "pay-for" options. The
cut is insanely reasonable.

I know all this since my wife started accepting some payments via
paypal. but they didn't actually tell her she needed to upgrade the
account until she *GOT* a credit card payment, so there ya go.

> Does TriLUG have a checking account??

Yes it does. I'm not sure I want to have that linked to PayPal, although
it's probably reasonably secure. If we can set an account to "Receive
only" I'll be more comfortable.

I leave that sort of decision to the Treasurer, though. That way, he
knows more about the money than I do...

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9

"I will rule you all with an Iron Fist! You! Obey the fist!" - Zim