[TriLUG] Home installation of Linux

Kim Green kndrkim at employees.org
Fri Feb 22 13:51:22 EST 2002

Open Source debate and installfest next week Thu 2/28
Kim...
------
Here are all the details for the upcoming Great Debate.  We hope to see
you there!

The Great Debate:
Which is a better solution for business needs:
Open Source or Proprietary Software?

Date:
Thursday, FEBRUARY 28th

Time:
Panel Discussion - 5:30 till 6:30
Installfest - 7:10 until approx. 9:00

Location:
Panel Discussion: Saunders 212 (This is the building right next to
Manning Hall, that is not under construction.)
Installfest: Manning 214

PIZZA:
FREE

Just a reminder, if you think you'd like to participate in the
Installfest and you have not already let us know, please respond to
asist at ils.unc.edu so that we can estimate how many people will be there.

-----------
THE GREAT DEBATE

Be able to discuss the latest innovations in proprietary and Open-Source
software during your next interview.  Step on to the edge of IT
development.  As an added bonus, work with an expert to install Linux on
your desktop and/or laptop!

Join academic and industry experts from both the proprietary and
open-source communities, as well as professionals who have evaluated
both
types of software for business reasons, as we discuss the questions and
issues that information professionals must address when evaluating
software for implementation of business solutions.  If the open-source
folks sway you to their side, stick around after the debate to install
Linux on your operating system with the help of the experts!