[TriLUG] new AMD system - won't boot

gregbrown at mindspring.com gregbrown at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 24 21:48:37 EST 2002

I am attemping to install RH 7.1 on a 1.4 ghz AMD system, the components of which I purchased at the Raleigh computer show.  The motherboard turns out to be a gateway (does anyone know the key to smash to get to the BIOS setup????) and I loaded the system up with 500 megs of ram and a 20 gig HD.

I can install RH 7.1 from the CDs (but I can't configure X - but that's another problem).  When the installation is complete I can remove the 2nd CD from the tray, reboot, and the system comes up and says "Missing Operating System".  Any ideas what could be causing this?  Any pointers?

Greg