[TriLUG] Video card recommendations?

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Thu Feb 28 13:21:36 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-02-28 at 12:47, John Matthews wrote:
> On that note...
> Anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced USB KVM locally? The one
> I got from Hawking Technologies died after a year. Video still switches,
> USB seems dead. I'm completely off of PS/2 and having to swap keyboards
> is frustrating!

I dunno. I've bene looking at the new Belkin 4-port USB/PS2 KVM. $199
list, I found one online for $119.

Best Buy has the two-port model in stock - at least the one at new Hope
Commons did yesterday.

This looks like the solution I'll use - I have two non-USB systems (both
Alphas) so I'll leave them on my old KVM, which will output to one of
the four on the Belkin, which will connect to the USB systems and my
existing PS2 keyboard and trackball. Then when I upgrade the keyboard to
USB (with a PS2 port for my trackball - this one isn't available USB yet
and no way am I paying $25 for a dongle!) I'm good to go.

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9