[TriLUG] Video card recommendations?

Jonathan Rippy jonathan.rippy at interpath.net
Thu Feb 28 14:20:02 EST 2002

> > I'm looking for an AGP video card, to replace the old Riva TNT2 that
> > developed an ugly streak problem.
>
> I have a PCI TNT card that also developed the grey streaks across the
> monitor.  And you're not the only other person that i've heard of having
> this problem.  Did one of your heat sinks fall off?
>
> I really wish I still had my receipt for the card.

i had the same thing happen to my TNT2, the heatsink just fell off.
no grey streaks though for me, luckily.  i just happened to open
the case to place another hard drive in the system and i noticed it.
i think the way my fans were arranged helped prevent it from getting
too hot (or maybe i was just lucky and my card was super tough)

--
jonathan rippy