[TriLUG] Font question (xterminal)

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Fri Mar 1 10:16:52 EST 2002

I am having some font issues with two types of terminals and I was
wondering if anyone on this list could point me in the right direction:

- NC900:  I have a new NC900 (first one in) and I am having some
problems configuring the fonts for it.  I'm thinking that it isn't
properly using xfs.  This is the fonts.tbl that I have

# Font Server
tcp/127.0.0.1:7100
# System fonts
/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi
/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi
/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc

I am thinking that I should make it look more the the list of fonts on
the HMX family.  Is that right?  This is from my default.hmx file:

xserver-default-font-path = {
        { "built-ins" }
        { "tcp/127.0.0.1:7100" }
        { "/usr/lib/X11/ncd/fonts/pcf/misc/" }
        { "/usr/lib/X11/ncd/fonts/pcf/100dpi/" }
        { "/usr/lib/X11/ncd/fonts/pcf/dw100dpi/" }
        { "/usr/lib/X11/ncd/fonts/Lotus123/" }
        { "/usr/lib/X11/ncd/fonts/Wp6.0/" }
        { "/usr/lib/X11/ncd/fonts/Tn3270/" }
        { "/usr/lib/X11/ncd/fonts/SoftWindows/" }

- ThinStar:  Our thinstars are also having font problems.  We put that
down to them not being true X clients.  Is this really an emulation
problem?  They seem to have more font problems with our new Linux
systems that with our old Suns.  It could be that the Linux systems use
more fonts or maybe the problem for both the NC900 and the ThinStars is
that I don't have xfs set up right?
--

Janyne Kizer
CNE-3, CNE-4, CNE-5