[TriLUG] IMP - enabling preferences using Postgres as DB?

jonc at haht.com jonc at haht.com
Mon Mar 4 12:27:38 EST 2002

Well I installed IMP last week, and it took me darn near 36 hours to get it
up and running/secure/configured.

A major part of the problem is that the docs are very sparse and depending
on who wrote the section, they are oriented either to MySql or PostgresSQL,
but not to both...

I know some folks on here have setup IMP and have it working... So unto
ya'll I say: Help!

I'm having a problem storing user preferences.  I currently have
it set to none, because it barfs when I try to use 'sql'.

horde/config/horde.php:
  $conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'none';

===
I have tried a lot of things, and (below) seems like it should work, but it
errors out saying it can't connect to the database:

$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'sql';

$conf['prefs']['params'] = array();

$conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'pgsql';
$conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = '******';
$conf['prefs']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['table'] = 'horde_prefs';

===
I've been able to translate all the MySQL syntax into PostgresSQL (there
are some surprising differences), and the creation of the database worked
fine.

Fortunately for me, the bloke who wrote the Addressbook part (turba) used
PostgresSQL in his docs, and that works fine... So I know the database is
working AOK.

Any help is appreciated... but what I really want is to look at a working
copy of horde.php where the preferences are enabled.

TIA - Jon