[TriLUG] please don't throw me in that there briar patch...

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Thu Mar 7 08:07:35 EST 2002

On Wednesday 06 March 2002 07:08 pm, you wrote:
> Why do you think that Balmer presummes that not shipping windows equates to
> not shipping pc's. Is there some law that says a pc must be shipped with an
> OS, and if so, why would it have to be windows.

It would be great if this happened, even if for only a month or two.  If PC
manufacturers passed the savings onto consumers, Microsoft would have great
difficulty in re-establishing their stranglehold on PC prices.

> Yes, we all favor linux,
> but there are others too.

Ermmm don't make such assumptions.  Some of us are more pragmatic about OS's.
 Yes, sometimes I do recommend Windows 2000 to my clients when it is the most
appropriate OS for the task at hand.  More often Linux for some desktop
environments, and OpenBSD for most servers (with Linux for other server
functions that OpenBSD is not well suited to).