[TriLUG] Passing http requests to internal net

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Thu Mar 7 21:02:57 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 20:55, S. William Schulz wrote:
> Within the last couple months, someone posted some info about using an
> apache module to pass requests to an external server to an internal
> server.  I thought the module was called mod_proxy, but now that I'm
> looking for it, I cannot find it.

Not the answer you're looking for but I do this kind of stuff from time
to time in a different way.

I use OpenBSD firewalls primarily and you can specify a one-line rule in
/etc/nat.conf to redirect all traffic intended for one IP address to
another IP address.  You can even change ports if you want.  Or key it
off of the origin IP address, subnet, or interface.  Very flexible.  And
it runs in the kernel so it is extremely fast.