[TriLUG] Cutting and Pasting In a Terminal Window

Jeff Bollinger jeff01 at email.unc.edu
Tue Mar 12 07:52:42 EST 2002

Hey, I was just wondering if someone knew a better way to cut and paste
with the mouse from a terminal window?  I'm using RHAT 7.2 (and Gnome)
and just the standard terminal I guess (is it an Xterm?) and a
two-button (3 emulated) PS/2 M$ Optical mouse.  Currently I highlight my
selection and then click both buttons at the same time to simultaneously
cut and paste (which as you can imagine, sucks in Vi).  Is there a
mapping I can change somewhere, or can I select and use a keyboard
shortcut (SHIFT+INS??)

Thanks,
Jeff
--