[TriLUG] Linux on Sparc

Reginald Reed reginald at cisco.com
Tue Mar 12 14:51:05 EST 2002

I just loaded Debian on an old SS10 and as John says below, it was
painless and there hasn't been any problems at all.

Sparclinux is pretty stable these days.  I ran Linux on a sparc for the
first back in '96.  I think I still have the original RedHat for Sparc
v4.0!  Sun 4c architecture had some serious problems back then, but all
the modern stuff I've tried (all sun4m or sun4u) in the past 3 years has
been pretty rock solid.

--Reggie