[TriLUG] Linux on Sparc

Paul D. Boyle boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
Wed Mar 13 08:47:19 EST 2002

Tom wrote:

> On Tuesday 12 March 2002 09:26 pm, M. Mueller (bhu5nji) wrote:
>
> > I do have endian sensitivity.  I've dealt with it crudely so far (Intel
> > specific implementation with a comment in the code pointing out the
> > shortcoming).

[snip]

> By the way, you may also want to make sure you're doing something
> (pre-processor magic if necessary) to specify int4, int8, etc.  You never
> know when someone will want a 64-bit application for Sparc. :-)

gcc supports many C99 features.  Most relevant to Tom's comment is the
stdint.h header file, which give types of definite width.  For example,
int32_t, uint32_t, etc.

You can turn on these features with #define _ISOC9X_SOURCE  or
_ISOC99_SOURCE macros.

Paul

Paul D. Boyle			    |	boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
Director, X-ray Structural Facility |	phone: (919) 515-7362
Department of Chemistry - Box 8204  |	FAX:   (919) 515-5079
North Carolina State University     |
Raleigh, NC, 27695-8204
http://laue.chem.ncsu.edu/web/xray.welcome.html