[TriLUG] Question on mouse problems with a kvm and X

lfwelty lfwelty at redback.com
Thu Mar 14 12:07:17 EST 2002

Sorry, can't help you much.... but:

I've found the belkin KVM to be less reliable, more flakey and more
difficult to use in general than Cybex's (now Avocent) switchview.

4pt switchview: $159.12 @ ecost.
http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=934418

You'll also need to order 3 additional cables (only
comes w/ enough for one computer by def.): $21.55 @ ecost.
http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=34562

I've got several cybex's in the lab and one at home. Likely to buy
a second for home soon-ish. I really like them. Got one belkin in
the lab that I use cuz someone bought it, but I really don't like
it.

OTOH, Tom's hardware or Anandtech had a review of KVMs relatively
recently (w/in the past 6 mos?) which discussed some of the other
player's interesting features - KVMs incorporating USB and Audio
into their architecture... the audio would be really nice - 3 seperate
speaker systems w/ 2 sub woofers on my desk at home.

// Yes I am a really, really big geek //

F.