[TriLUG] New TriLUG.org Website

Bill Vinson billvinson at nc.rr.com
Thu Mar 14 14:26:00 EST 2002

The new website is available for testing at http://test.trilug.org

The obvious changes:
	a reworking and clean up of a lot of the pages
	addition of a library page
	more clear info on mailing lists
	a new FAQ (generously redone by Tanner Lovelace)

The not so obvious changes:
	based on PHP
	code redesigned to allow for easier future integration with a mysql
backend (Sorry, my initial code for this was not what I wanted and I
need to get more up to date with security concerns or find someone who
wants to assist here :)

This is not the end as I have some more things on the burner (Didn't
have time to finish & I don't want to delay the roll out any longer than
it already has been) that will hopefully be rolled out soon:
	database backend
	online polls
	ask & answer system for new users to submit questions
	link submission

Please either reply to the list or e-mail me at billvinson at nc.rr.com or
webmaster at trilug.org with bug reports or suggestions.  I know the
directions to dreyfus are missing a stop light, but I don't know where
exactly.  If anyone could e-mail me direction changes, I would
appreciate it.

Have a look and see what you all think...

Thanks,
Bill