[TriLUG] CD-R problem and blanks for sale.

Dan Chen crimsun at email.unc.edu
Sat Mar 16 01:11:34 EST 2002

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 03:24:31PM -0500, M. Mueller (bhu5nji) wrote:
> burner quality factors in too; ((weak laser || alignement out of spec ||
> obstruction || etc.) == flipped bits)

Also some problems in older 2.0 and 2.2 kernels regarding sg that Mr.
Schilling has patches for. They were only recently updated in 2.4 as
well, I think around 2.4.17-pre? The updates for 2.0 and 2.2 are
included in every cdrtools tarball.

> The CD pack in question originally was 100 units.  I wonder how many grades
> of blank CD there are?  I never thought about it before today.

If you use cdrecord, it will give you a general rating (most of the
Imation 50/100-packs I've purchased from Best Buy are rated A-) in the
verbose (-v) status immediately before it fills the buffer.

Dan Chen                 crimsun at email.unc.edu
GPG key:   www.unc.edu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc