[TriLUG] Iptable problem

M. Mueller (bhu5nji) bhu5nji at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 17 06:19:55 EST 2002

On Saturday 16 March 2002 08:48 pm, you wrote:

> That is it for rules.  Now, if I sniff on eth0 I see the incoming syn
> packets for the webserver but no replies.  HELP!  I am clueless as to why
> this is not working.

I can't help with rules analysis, but one thought did come to mind quickly.

One of my favorite and most effective methods is to sniff and change.  I'll
bet you have a production system and you can't change the rules table all
that much.  If you can take over for a while, then you can open the rules
until you get the desired functionality as reported by your sniffer.  Then
start adding back rules until you find the rule that disallows the function
you desire.

--
Mike  M.

Support TriLUG. Reply directly for details on how to send a check.
No amount is too small.