[TriLUG] Re: SPARC question (OT, well, sort of :)

John F Davis johndavi at us.ibm.com
Mon Mar 18 08:15:59 EST 2002

James,

Quite frequently egay has nvram and proms for sale.

                       Sun SPARC IPC - permanent NVRAM
                              Item # 2009106980

           First bid
                                                 US $20.00

                   2mb NVRAM Simm for the SUN Sparc 10/20s
                              Item # 2007356547

 First bid
                                              US $5.00

 I think my 5 year old can swing the shipping costs for a 28-pin prom using
 his piggy bank, and I bet Bill can as well.

 (Sorry about the html ,  lotus notes will not paste this ascii as plain
 text and instead chooses to use html
 even though I have plain text chosen for this message.)

 As far as old sun stuff goes, I have a boatload that I need to get rid of.
 Here is a sample:

 411 Tape drives (x2) 150MB
 411 Hard Disk (Unsure of size)
 411 Cdrom
 Toshiba Ext cdrom using caddies.  (Unbreakable. 2x I've used it for
 years.)
 Tape drives (x1) 40MB (not really sun)
 IPC
 LX
 Sparc 5 110MHz 128M
 Sparc 10 Dual CPU's (40Mhz with 1MB cache)  Two disks: 2GB and 4 GB (2.25r
 prom)
 Many sparc 4/5 keyboards and cables.
 Monitor Cables
 Sparc to VGA adapaters (x3)
 AUI to RJ45 Transceivers (x4)
 Weird Sun Split serial cable.
 Various SBUS video cards.  Mostly older 8-bit ones.
 Various drive brackets and screws - the screws with rubber washer mounts.

 Also, if you are interested:
 I know where to buy 3-4 sparc ultra5's for $450 to $550 depending upon
 specs.  Shipping is
 extra.  At a minimum, they are 333Mhz models.  Includes the works:
 keyboard, mouse, cdrom
 solaris 8, etc.  If you want to buy one, let me know and I willl hook you
 up.  I don't know if they
 include the monitors, but I doubt it.  Besides, you dont want to pay to
 ship a 20" trinitron monitor
 if shipping a prom is expensive.

 Other non-sun, but old and hardware I want to sell/trade
 WG Domino Ethernet -  (10Base2, 10BaseT, AUI) packet blaster/Analyzer with
 software.  Needs to run under windows.
 WG Domino Fast Ethernet - ditto.
 Label Printers (x2) - They came from a old federal express shipping
 computer.

 What I am looking for :
 Sparc 5/20 Drive brackets
 Sparc 20 MBus CPU modules 60Mhz and up.