[TriLUG] (OT) Paypal/eBay Payment Thoughts

Ken Mink ken.mink at porivo.com
Mon Mar 18 10:18:41 EST 2002

I have only had limited experience with PayPal and it's been positive.
My wife, who's an ebay addict, uses it and also hasn't had any real
problems. One thing she did may make you feel more secure. She opened a
second checking account and tied her PayPal account to it. She only puts
money into this account when she needs to make a payment through PayPal.
It really limits her exposure.
You might want to check http://www.paypalwarning.com. There's a lot of
real horror stories there. Also, PayPal was recently declared to not be
a bank by the Fed. This means they are not subject to banking laws and
can pretty much do as they please.
Hope this helps.

Ken