[TriLUG] Re: Disk cleanup

James Manning trilug at sublogic.com
Mon Mar 18 16:13:22 EST 2002

[Justin Johnson]
>           I've already started going through the list of packages and
> uninstalling things I know I don't use, as I just want to get rid of as much
> crap as possible.

While I wouldn't blindly trust the output list of packages quite yet,
I wrote a simple script to help show packages that aren't getting a
lot of use (by default, no files accessed in 2 weeks) but there's
often stuff that you'll want to keep around.

http://www.sublogic.com/scripts/useless.pl

As noted, there's better ways to do this, this was just something
quick and dirty to help me clean up a few systems.  You'll want
to listen to rpm deps, etc. for not removing anything silly :)

James
--
James Manning <jmm at sublogic.com>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4