[TriLUG] Windows CE and Linux

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Tue Mar 19 14:46:53 EST 2002

> I don't know if you are interested but I just put my order in for a new
>  Sharp Zaurus SL 5500 that comes running Linux.  [snip]

Actually I'm very interested.

I got a Palm V on eBay which does the job but I have to fix the date on it
from time to time (which is really weird because it keeps good time, just
bad dates if it has been left off for a couple of days).  It'll get me by
for now but the palm software scene is full of Greedware (pay me $10-$25+
for something that has minimal functionality, integrates with no desktop
apps, and oh yeah occaisionally GPF's the palm itself!)  Not that I mind
paying for good software, but the stuff I've seen on the Palm scene
generally isn't.

I think that synching with my desktop would be a lot easier if I were
running open specification apps on both ends of the equation.

Please by all means fill us in on the dirt when your new toy arrives.