[TriLUG] Rant: Please trim responses

John F Davis johndavi at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 20 10:08:29 EST 2002

Hello

I agree that its best to snip stuff.

Furthermore, I am writing because I still remember getting nasty grams from
some dude on the internet
because I was doing my follow-up's at the top of mails instead of doing
them at the bottom.  ie. i'm doing it now
and John Matthews did the follow-up at the bottom.

I still think its best to do the follow-up in context to the note.  For
instance, some bit of info at the top where
its read first and the relative follow-up by paragraph in the previous note
itself.  This assumes your mailer
can do this however.   This  mailer can't do the ">" prefix which is
necessary for such a method.

JD

PS. I'm still wondering why no one has answered my dual boot of second
drive using grub question.
Surely someone has done this whom I haven't pissed off yet so as to ignore
all my notes.

John Matthews <jvmatthe at math.duke.edu>@trilug.org on 03/20/2002 09:48:20 AM

Please respond to trilug at trilug.org

Sent by:    trilug-admin at trilug.org