[TriLUG] Windows System Fonts for Linux

John Matthews jvmatthe at math.duke.edu
Thu Mar 21 13:24:19 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-03-21 at 13:19, Jeff Bollinger wrote:
> Anyone have any idea if there is a package (RPM or otherwise) that I can
> get that will install the fonts that are typically found on a Windows
> system?  I'm trying out Wine (for the first time) and I'm not getting
> the right fonts.

You can't get the fonts that Windows comes with unless you take them
from a Windows machine.

At home, I copied over the fonts from my Win2k machine and installed
them in /usr/share/fonts/TrueType then made the appropriate changes in
xfs (/etc/X11/fs/config) and Mozilla
(/usr/lib/mozilla/defaults/prefs/unix.js) to be able to use them. (If
non-Red Hat, then put the font path in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 in
appropriate section.)

I don't about WINE, but I'd suppose if xfs or XFree86 can see them then
you're done.

Regards,
matt

--
Matt Matthews     \ ph: 919.660.2811        \ Use GNU/Linux  _o) w00t
Duke Univ., Postdoc\ jvmatthe at math.duke.edu  \____________   /\\