[TriLUG] OT: hardware question

M. Mueller at Signalnetware.com mmueller at signalnetware.com
Tue Mar 26 08:45:18 EST 2002

On Tuesday 26 March 2002 08:26 am, you wrote:
> Sorry if this is too far off-topic.

Not OT to me.  Linux and old boxes are a big part of the game, eh?

> So... I'm thinking of adding some memory to the system. A couple of
> questions:

The economics of old boxes, IMO, states that it is often cost prohibitive to
add memory to an old box.  New sticks of 256MB are much cheaper than new 32MB
sticks of old RAM.  It might be less costly for you to get another used PC
with more memory. (as posted earlier on this list: www.secondwindpcs.com).

You might be able to buy used memory or stock close-outs.  Not having the
spec is a problem.  See if you can get a Google on any of the char strings
found on the memory stick in the system.

--
Michael Mueller
Signalnetware, Inc.