[TriLUG] OT: hardware question

John F Davis johndavi at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 26 09:19:41 EST 2002

Hey Chris,

Roger that on big bloated apps. I run icewm for that very reason on my
lesser machines.

As far as web browsers go, I really like opera5 or opera6 for linux.  I
used to use opera
on windows to fight the IE monopoly so I was very eager to use it on linux.
Its not perfect,
but it and konqurer render most sites pretty good.  BTW, I paid for opera5
on linux and they gave
me a license key for opera 5 windows and opera 6 windows/linux.  It may
have been a mistake but
they did it.

Just wish I could get opera for sparc linux to work.  I put sunos emulation
in my sparc kernel, but
that didn't help me to run the sparc solaris opera.  If anybody knows of a
way to do it, please let
me know.

JD

"Chris Hedemark" <chris at yonderway.com>@trilug.org on 03/26/2002 09:06:33 AM