[TriLUG] OT: hardware question & OpenBSD

John Matthews jvmatthe at math.duke.edu
Tue Mar 26 09:47:35 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-03-26 at 09:37, Chris Hedemark wrote:
[snip stuff about meaner, leaner OpenBSD]
> I do wish it had some sort of package management like RPM or apt but I don't
> think the core developers would agree.

Who doesn't want package management? That is to say, who doesn't want
some of the drudgery of handling ever-complex software installs handled
by the machines, especially if it can be done in a safe, reversible way?
Or would they claim that that such a package management program cannot
be made, or more importantly, can't be made securely?

Just curious, really.

Regards,
matt

--
Matt Matthews     \ ph: 919.660.2811        \ Use GNU/Linux  _o) w00t
Duke Univ., Postdoc\ jvmatthe at math.duke.edu  \____________   /\\