[TriLUG] atd not starting

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Tue Mar 26 11:55:04 EST 2002

I have one server on which atd fails to start (rh 7.2)

/var/log/cron reports
Mar 26 11:23:07 lucy atd[1635]: Error redirecting I/O: Permission denied

/var/log/messages reports
Mar 26 11:23:07 lucy atd: atd startup failed

This sure seems like a rights problem but I'm not sure what permissions
are messed up.  This works on schroeder but not on the clones :-(

The settings appear to me to be correct but clearly I am missing
something.  From the manpage:

FILES
       /var/spool/at The directory for storing jobs; this  should
       be mode 700, owner daemon.

       /var/spool/at/spool The direcotry for storing output; this
       should be mode 700, owner daemon.

       /etc/at.allow, /etc/at.deny determine who can use  the  at
       system.
--

Janyne Kizer
CNE-3, CNE-4, CNE-5