[TriLUG] About.com is looking for Linux "expertguide" for their Linux.about.com online site!

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 26 23:14:41 EST 2002

If you love helping people with Linux problems of all kinds, and you have
the free time, this "job" may appeal to you.

Those of you who are familiar with About.com know how that site works: they
have "expertguides" for each of the many topics on about.com. Today I was
informed that I wouldn't be receiving their weekly Linux newsletter because
their Linux "expertguide" had left. They even wanted to know if I was
interested in filling his shoes as their "Linux expert". Well since I'm
definitely a "newbie" (as all of you are aware) I had to say "No". However,
they are looking for someone who doesn't mind receiving email from those who
visit Linux.about.com and answering questions and helping them with their
Linux problems.
    The guy they used to have was really great and very knowledgeable so
don't even consider this unless you are indeed a "Linux-expert" AND have
lots of time to contribute.
    Other than subscribing to a number of About.com's various newsletters I
have no relationship to About.com.
    I just thought that since this group is filled with "Linux-experts", I'd
let everyone know about this "opportunity"??  At the very least you'd
probably get a lot better-known than you are today :-)  This is definitely
for someone who wants to be known as the LINUX expert on about.com.
    Contact About.com directly if you're interested.---AL