[TriLUG] Anyone using Pensacola (RedHat Beta)

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Wed Mar 27 06:27:49 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-03-26 at 21:09, Mike McLean wrote:
> Do you mean Pensacola or Skipjack?  Pensacola is the enterprise oriented
> beta that was released last month.  Skipjack is the Red Hat Linux beta
> that was released last weekend.

It would have to be pensacola, because AFAIK, nobody has uploaded
skipjack yet.

That being said, I have to agree with Jon. While Mandrake makes an OK
Server distro, I find the testing cycles and extar effort that goes into
RHL to make it a bit more stable in an enterprise server environment.
While it's no debian (the ultimate in "stable" Linux distros, IMHO), RHL
does tend to have fewer issues in my experience.

My 2cents and all that. But yes, Jon, install Pensacola - it's made for
corporate servers, and should do just fine.

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9

"I will rule you all with an Iron Fist! You! Obey the fist!" - Zim