[TriLUG] Gentoo linux

John Matthews jvmatthe at math.duke.edu
Wed Mar 27 09:40:10 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-03-27 at 09:15, Vestal, Roy L. wrote:
> I'd like to try Gentoo, but I have a question on documentation. I noticed
> they have HTML docs, but do they have any text docs I could print?

I haven't seen any. I'm going on the assumption that you want
documentation to read while doing the install and away from another
computer. My solution to that is as follows. Since the 16Mb install CD
includes all the tools needed to bring up networking and ssh to another
machine, if there is a machine available to you from which you can run
links/lynx/w3m, then that would be an option to view the documentation
while installing (and without printing).

If you have another reason for wanting txt install documents, then you
could always do an HTML -> txt conversion and edit it by hand before
printing it out.

Let us know how you find Gentoo. (I'm enjoying it so far...)

Regards,
matt

--
Matt Matthews     \ ph: 919.660.2811        \ Use GNU/Linux  _o) w00t
Duke Univ., Postdoc\ jvmatthe at math.duke.edu  \____________   /\\