[TriLUG] Gentoo linux

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Wed Mar 27 10:01:42 EST 2002

On Dimecres 27 Març 2002 09:55 am, Vestal, Roy L. wrote:
> I'm trying toset it up in VMWare. This is the first time I'm using a "non"
> distro, and I'm used to HardDrake and Disk Druid. I'm having problems
> modprobing my hdd. VMware is showing it as a SCSI, and the PCI detect found
> a buslogic and scsi_mod, but I've tried both and don't seem to be getting
> anywhere. When I run fdisk /dev/sda it doesn't find it.

You know that vmware sets up a "fake" system, don't you?

When you install (Anything) on top of vmware, the distribution will see the
(fake/virtual) PC set up by VmWare. And this PC has nothing to do with the PC
that you own.

Salut,
Sinner
--
"I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father
smelt of elderberries!"