[TriLUG] Re: Server uptimes

James Manning trilug at sublogic.com
Tue Apr 2 21:41:12 EST 2002

[Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney]
> I'd go for a new record, but I've got to upgrade the UPS here before I
> can try again.
>
> So what's everyone's record uptime? Fatalpha has me beat at 319 days...

For 32-bit x86 Linux boxes I've hit the jiffies wrap (about 497 days iirc)
twice, once at IBM and once for a home machine.  if outside of Linux I'm
sure ppl have uptimes much longer - for machines I admin'd myself, a few
of the machines in my loadleveler clusters were just short of 4 years
when I left IBM but I have no doubt that various s/390's are *way* higher.

If anyone on the list is willing to relay the story, there's a *hilarious*
story about a machine that was kept up (or, well, not) on a UPS during
Red Hat's move to 2600 Meridian - very funny :)
--
James Manning <jmm at sublogic.com>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4