[TriLUG] Linux and ATT

Lug lug at rc4systems.net
Fri Apr 5 12:04:52 EST 2002

I spend most of my day supporting a team of about 40 people (give or take
a few) at AT&T and I can assure you that there are certain critical
enterprise functions here that will NOT occur without Linux.

Just because they won't support you as a Linux user, doesn't mean they
aren't in tune with Linux and free software markets.  It's more of a
matter of the (low) profit margin of managing users with Linux desktops,
as opposed to using it for core Internet information services.  You'd be
surprised at the large organizations who use it, but won't support users
who use it.

Lug