[TriLUG] Linux and ATT

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Fri Apr 5 12:23:41 EST 2002

There is only one problem with using Linux, but not supporting the
"consumers" using Linux.  Some of those Linux users who are getting
frustrated trying to use ATT services are the same users who are
programming that kernel you are running, figuring out how to route those
packets, what to do with those web pages, etc.  That certainly is not going
to encourage them to help ATT deal with their Linux needs, if ATT isn't
going to at least work with the user and his/her Linux needs.  It's always
been my take that being "in tune with Linux and free (or opensource)
software markets" is contributing at all ends.  Those who program -
program, those who support - support, etc, and all get to take advantage of
what each has contributed in what ever small way they have.

Just my take on it,
David