[TriLUG] BIND 4 Help & OpenBSD on Sparc

John Turner jdturner at nc.rr.com
Sun Apr 7 12:46:54 EDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 12:20:49PM -0400, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-04-07 at 03:06, Bill Vinson wrote:

[much deleted]

> Check out eBay.  If you're willing to do non-sparc hardware there are
> some great deals there.  Heck there are even great deals on early sparc
> hardware.  UltraSPARC and RS/6000 hardware still seems to be expensive,
> mostly due to guys like us looking to work at home with the stuff we
> work with at the office.  Unfortunately the snipers on eBay have made it
> more difficult to get a good deal but one can still be had from time to
> time.

Also if you want to try and find a local seller you can attend
the RARSfest 2002 (www.rars.org) Sunday April 14th at the
Raleigh Fairgrounds.

I have an Ultra 1, Sparc 20, HP 712, G3, too many x86s, TRS80 Model 100.
In addition to some of the older workstations I find it interesting to
try Linux/BSD on some of the x86 Servers (HP Dual/Quad PPro machines).

John