[TriLUG] Crossover Office runs Office2K very well.

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Wed Apr 10 09:16:32 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 08:49, H Brett Bolen wrote:
> We used to joke that after microsoft released it's first
> new version ( say Version X.Y.0), the first patch ( X.Y.1) would
> cause it to not work with OS/2, and the second patch ( X.Y.2)
> would start to fix their bugs.

"DOS Ain't done 'til Lotus won't run" - anonymous

This is not new practice for M$. Even before Excel and Word and Office,
In the days of DOS 1, 2, and 3 (and yes, I ran DOS 1 at some point in
the past) that bit of poetry made it into the tech vocabulary. DOS 3
broke compatibility with lots of things, DOS 4 was worse, and the SETVER
hacks M$ put into DOS 5+ didn't help too much. And then there was the
special file that DOS 5 installed that Windows wouldn't run without (and
caused DRDOS no end of trouble for a while).

No, this M$ behavior has been going on since long before IE and Windows
9x....

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9

"I will rule you all with an Iron Fist! You! Obey the fist!" - Zim