[TriLUG] Re: console access through serial port?

lfwelty lfwelty at redback.com
Fri Apr 19 07:58:28 EDT 2002

"M. Mueller" wrote:

> On Thursday 18 April 2002 06:46 pm, you wrote:
>
> > There is a video card that pretends to be an ultra-boring adapter, and
> > spits everything out its own serial port.  Video Weasel or something
> > like that.
>
> That's just to cool. here's the link: http://www.realweasel.com/intro.html
>
> They ain't cheap: $250 ISA $350 PCI

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of when I asked my question.

The box I have in mind is currently relegated to the hallway
(used its kvm port already).  It's an old Gateway PPro200. I'll
throw it back on over the weekend to see if its bios will allow
headless booting. Or just boot it w/ the kvm, detach kvm and
slap it on a UPS.

F.