[TriLUG] Advice: ssh/rxvt/pine

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Mon Apr 22 08:53:07 EDT 2002

Thanks to all who have replied.

> rxvt -e su - clists -c pine

This works very nicely from the same machine, and may be adequate for what
I need to do.

You're right, pine and ssh don't play well together, but a shell script
may work; I will put that in my bag o' tricks.

The other suggestions, while correct, won't work in my specific
situation. I don't have access to the machine that handles my main
(campus) mail account, so I can't run procmail on it (which is, of course,
the right way to go).  I considered setting my campus account to forward
to a local account on my office machine, but that has significant
downsides (that is, I have to worry about making sure my machine is always
available - losing mail on that account would be worse than on others).

Thanks again-
Andy Perrin

clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu