Houses (was Re: [TriLUG] Re: FUD alert!)

James Manning trilug at sublogic.com
Mon Apr 22 12:37:54 EDT 2002

[Justin Johnson]
> failing(1) to not allow(2). Also, I think that technically you are supposed
> to have an electrical contractors license to install ANY wiring in new
> construction, but there may be a gray area if you are the homeowner.

would just the plastic boxes and PVC conduit be free from this restriction
in your opinion?  Since it's not even electrically conductive, I'd
imagine things are kosher as long as it's not blocking anything.
The conduit approach makes a lot of sense to me.

Anyone have other recommendations on the conduit approach?  The only
thing I've heard thus far is John Franklin's excellent starting post
on the subject that's in the archives:

  http://www.trilug.org/pipermail/trilug/Week-of-Mon-20020415/006905.html

Thanks, guys!  This thread has been very kick-ass :)

James
--
James Manning <jmm at sublogic.com>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4