[TriLUG] StarOffice printing problems

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Mon Apr 22 14:54:47 EDT 2002

My group has started to rollout RedHat 7.2 systems to several remote
sites.  We are running StarOffice 5.2 on these systems and we have run
into some paper tray selection issues and I am hoping someone else has
seen.  Most of the remote sites are using HP4M Plus printers.

All printers work fine pulling from built in paper tray.  The problems
that we are seeing are with changing between paper trays (built-in,
manual feed, large capacity, envelope) in StarOffice.

Of course the systems local to us are not exhibiting any problem
behaviors.  We have one site that will not pull paper from the manual
feed at all.  It prompts but then pulls from the normal tray.  We have
another site, also with an HP4M Plus, that pulls from the manual feed
tray by default...

Any ideas at all on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
--

Janyne Kizer
CNE-3, CNE-4, CNE-5