Houses (was Re: [TriLUG] Re: FUD alert!)

John Turner jdturner at nc.rr.com
Mon Apr 22 22:38:00 EDT 2002

Just wanted to pass on my experience. I wired my first
house with a friend who did central vac systems. I was
going to wire (CAT5/Phone/RG-6/Speaker) my most recent
house, but ended up working out a deal with the company
that did the electrical work. I provided the cable/boxes
and did all the finish work, they gave me a great hourly
rate to pull the wires. I was working with a custom
builder and I got him to agree to it (after giving him
a 15% markup fee on the work). But after seeing what they
did to run the wire, it was a very well spent $500.

John