[TriLUG] Firewall question

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Tue Apr 23 08:09:28 EDT 2002

I had a nice firewall set up and found that it did not allow DHCP to
work.  I opened up with the following lines:

iptables -A INPUT -p udp --destination-port 67 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p udp --destination-port 68 -j ACCEPT

Is there a better way to do this?  The problem is that the terminals
don't have their address so their requests are being dropped unless I
allow all traffic.  Thanks!
--

Janyne Kizer
CNE-3, CNE-4, CNE-5