[TriLUG] Best place for SPARC ISOs

M. Mueller mmueller at signalnetware.com
Wed Apr 24 08:51:52 EDT 2002

On Wednesday 24 April 2002 08:37 am, you wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 22:13, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> > If the site supports it, you might consider using rsync.  Rsync
> > will only download the portions of the file you don't have so
> > that if it fails in the middle you won't have to start all over
> > again.
>
> So will ncftp if you are just going to a standard FTP site.  Do a "set
> auto-resume yes" during your session, or put it in your config file.
> It's saved my butt a few times setting up the installfest mirror (which
> is now out of space, BTW...)

rsync with --partial seems to be working.  I've stopped/started several times
now and the file size seems to be growing as expected.

I am going to try ncftp on some of the debian2.2r5-sparc ISO's if I can find
them somewhere.  I tried the "jigdo-easy" method of getting debian ISO's and
I had trouble with restarting a stopped job.

--
Michael Mueller
Signalnetware, Inc.