[TriLUG] rsync iso s-l-o-w down

M. Mueller mmueller at signalnetware.com
Thu Apr 25 13:52:28 EDT 2002

I am doing the following:

rsync -v --partial
rsync://distro.ibiblio.org/distros/redhat/6.2.en/iso/sparc/zoot-sparc.iso
zoot-sparc.iso.1

I am currently at 553,304,064 bytes of over 600,000,000 bytes.  I'm only
getting 20,000,000 bytes each time I run rsync now. I was getting nice long
runs at the beginning of the process.  As the files on my end gets bigger and
bigger, I get less and less between rsync runs. This behavior is similar on
two different machines using RH 6.1 (rsync version 2.3.1 protocol version 20)
and Mandrake 8.1 (rsync version 2.4.6 protcol version 24).

Can anybody think of any reason why this is happening?

ftp never makes it through a complete download either; from any other site
for matter.

Could it be my ISP?

Any help would be much appreciated as always.
--
Michael Mueller
Signalnetware, Inc.